ATV and SxS
If you won't be riding for an extended period, thoroughly inspect your ATV or Side-by-Side and correct any problems before storing it to ensure needed repairs won't be forgotten.
Refer to the Honda Storage Guide which outlines the procedures to take in order to properly store your ride. These storage procedures will reduce the deterioration that can occur during storage and ensure your ATV or Side-by-Side is ready to ride when you are.
When your ATV or Side-by-Side has been stored for an extended period of time, it may require a maintenance tune-up.
Here are a few tips on what to do after your ATV or Side-by-Side has been stored:
• Uncover and clean your ride.
• If your ATV or Side-by-Side has been stored for more than two months without Pro Honda fuel stabilizer, ask your Honda dealer to drain and replace the fuel.
• If your ATV or Side-by-Side has been stored for more than four months, change the engine oil.
• Always check the engine oil level before riding.
• Perform a pre-ride inspection and test-ride your ATV or Side-by-Side at low speeds.
• Even if you don't maintain your battery as recommended, the Optimate 3+ charger has a special function designed to bring almost-dead batteries back to life and will indicate if the battery needs to be replaced. If you used Optimate 3+ during storage, just unplug it, turn the key and ride!
For more information, refer to your owner's manual or speak to your local Honda dealer about how to properly store your ATV or Side-by-Side.